March 8, 2013

Leprechaun Clue Book & Printable

I don't know if you've experienced this or not, but this month we've been having a sneaky little leprechaun visit us.  He came the first day of March, and has been visiting almost every day since then.  He leaves little gifts, or messes things up.  We're never quite sure when or where he'll leave his mark. 


My darling boys brought me a paper the second time the leprechaun had visited with all of the clues written on it.  This is what the paper looked like.  Priceless!  Don't worry, I'm saving this one, but they were worried they'd run out of room on this one piece of paper for all the clues.  I suggested we come up with a clue book to keep everything in one place, nice and organized.  They were on board, so I got to work making a leprechaun clue book for them.


I used a small brown journal I'd had on hand and made a cover for it.  You can click on the image below to print your leprechaun clue book cover page.


On the inside of the book, we stamp each day, write day 1, 2, 3, 4,.... and then my boys draw a picture of what the leprechaun did that day.  There have been a couple of days he hasn't visited, so they decided to draw a big X on those days and write nothing.


This has been so much fun!  I love listening to my boys discuss the leprechaun.  They wonder how we're so lucky that he chose our house to come to, and how he keeps getting in.  
St. Patrick's Day is still over a week away, so it's not to late to start your leprechaun clue book.
Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you found a little something worth your time!

Linking up to these parties & Savvy Southern Style.

Pin It

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! It's been a new tradition here at our house, and I think we'll continue it for many years to come.

      Delete
  2. that is so stinkin' cute!!! How fun... I love St. Patrick's day. Will have to remember to do something like that for my boys next year...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do give it a try. We haven't done the clue book until this year, and I think it will have to become a tradition. Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!

      Delete
  3. What a fun thing to do! This is the first year (at 8) that the leprechaun hasn't been all over all month. I'm sure he'll come on St. Patrick's Day though. I'm kind of glad because the last few years have been hard - my daughter wants him to be here...but she's petrified! ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Dorothy! I just stopped by crazy for crust this morning and commented on your yummy coconut cream pie in a jar. It's so nice to "meet" you! I also just popped over and noticed your tips for blogging business cards- so helpful! Thanks for the great advice. Anyway, I completely understand the scare factor of leprechauns. My boys are fine with it, but there has been a time or two I can tell they're a bit concerned with his whereabouts. :) Thanks so much for visiting! We'll see you around.

      Delete
  4. what a fun idea Brooke!!
    Thanks so much for linking up to the party! I featured your post in my wrap up http://tidymom.net/2013/creative-ideas-for-st-patricks-day/
    Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cheryl! It's always a treat to be featured on Tidy Mom. Thanks so much for taking the time to visit Blissful Roots! Have a great day!

      Delete
  5. I've got to pin this idea and start it next year. So cute. And thanks so much for your sweet comment about my ABC embossed rocks. Looking forward to keeping in touch because I'm always looking for fun and educational kids activities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sam! I will definitely be in touch. I can't get your cute alphabet rocks out of my head since this morning. I'm not close enough to the beach, so maybe my dollar store will have some. Have a great day!

      Delete
  6. You do have a lucky house! We were discussing last night if there is only one leprechaun or several. I argued several. The kids think there is only one. We got our leprechaun traps set up over the weekend, so maybe we'll find out on St. Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what my boys think about the number of leprechauns. I'll have to ask them. I'm sure I'll get some fun answers.
      We haven't made our trap yet, so we'd better get busy. Thanks so much for visiting! Come back any time!

      Delete
  7. I'm glad to have read such a great writing. Keep up the good job! Visit Lawrence Todd Maxwell on Scoop.it for interesting topics about real estate.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day! I know it takes time, and I sure appreciate you taking the time to do it!